Question

vdsinora

HOW CAN I INFORM CREDIT BURAU ABOUT MY PAID IN FULL ACCOUNT ?
I had 2 account in collection on my credit report , I called them and paid my one account full. I got Paid In Full letter from my debt collector. I want to inform that to credit bureau that my one account is paid in full now. How can I do it ?
so is that really impact on my credit score or not?

Most Helpful Response

Part of credit history.

The fact that the account had to go to collections is just a part of your credit history that must be reported.  This is the requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a federal regulation.

In about a month, the paid in full will show, but the delinquency period that required the collection activity will remain on your credit record for 7 years, again, as required.  It cannot be changed or removed until that time.

Until then, make sure all credit account payments are made on time as required and that on-time payment will build good points in your credit report that will begin to dilute the bad.