Question

MedStudent21

How can I increase my credit score? One time late fee
I am a medical student, and depend on my student loans for credit card payments. My loan was delayed, and I missed one payment (my first in about 10 years of credit card history). My credit score dropped significantly due to it (from 687 to 593). I at the time owed 18,000 on the credit card (since my loan was disbursed, 6,000 has been paid off). I also am an authorized user on a credit card with my father , of which I owe 11,000 of 18,000 limit. I was wondering how can I:
1. increase back my credit score
2. how long roughly would that take?
3. will my credit limit continuously decrease as I pay, or is that a one time deal?

Thank you everyone

The late payment was a one time hit, the only way to restore your good payment history is to return to your prompt payments.   Over time, that one incident will not hurt you as bad although it will remain on your credit report for the full 7 years.   If your late payment caused a decrease in your credit limit, only the actions you take moving forward can stop this from happening.   The credit card has the ability, without notice, to lower your credit limit.   It is possible that if one card made the determination, that others may follow suit.   This would impact your utilization and cause you score to further decrease.