Question

renateeliese

How can I improve/build my credit score with limited history? And correct my Income on report?
I am 23 and making 24k a year before taxes in disposable income.
I am in the military and have no student loans or actually living expenses. I am going to Korea and will be earning extra money which I want to use to fix my credit score. Depending on what website I go to my credit score is some where in the 560s.
I have a car loan, I have made every payment on time and have been paying extra to pay it off faster.
I have two accounts that are closed and negative which a plan to settle and do a pay for delete for, if I do that how much will that improve my score?
One account is for $100 which I just play on offering a pay for delete,
One is a capital one account I got when I was 19 and messed up on. My credit limit was $300 and with interest they are asking for 900. I plan on trying to settle for the original credit limit and a delete.
I have one other account from golds gym on my credit report but it is only reporting to one of the 3 bureaus I am wondering if I should pay if off or let it be because it isn't hurting the other two.
Last month I got a new credit card (a re-builder one) I charged my passport fees on it and paid it off the next day as long as I pay the balance off every month it will report good credit right?
Also on my Credit Report my income is listed as $200 annually not 24k and is throwing my debt to income ratio off how do I fix that?

Secure credit cards is the best option and sometime the only options for those who can't get unsecured credit cards. This will require a deposit. And to correct your income you must contact each credit bureau separately. P.s. only do pay for deletes.....if you pay on a collection that just to settle the debt...you will lose more points....only do pay for deletes.