Question

FireHalliwell

How can I improve my credit score to 700 or more? Right now I have a 633 credit score.
I have a credit one credit card and also I'm an authorized user on a walmart credit card. How being an authorized user affect my credit score?

You will probably want to get another couple accounts in your name, even if they need to be Secured. To build and maintain good credit you need several accounts reporting on-time payments and of course this takes TIME. Understand that when adding accounts your credit scores will usually decrease at first, but then increase over time, this is how it works, short term damage is needed for long term improvements. As far as being an authorized user, it depends on the status of the card whether it is helping you or hurting you. If the account you are authorized on has high utilization on the credit line, it could be hurting you, if it is low utilization it is surely helping if you only have one account of your own. It is very important to build your credit with your own accounts, you should not rely on others for something so important. My advice to you is to spend a lot of time reading about all aspects of credit, start adding accounts of your own, even if they need to be Secured, just make sure that the accounts will be reported to all three credit bureaus before applying. Use that Credit One card with extreme caution, not using it would be best, they are very expensive cards to use. Be patient, this takes time, but with every small step in the right direction you are acheiving something and getting closer to the overall goal.