Question

kameishaayala

How can I improve my credit score from poor to good?
I have a credit score of 579. Now that I have experienced life a little I've realized I made some horrible financial decisions. Recently I have decided to start improving my score. I just paid all my open collections, opened a new credit builder loan, got approved for an unsecured credit card with a $300 limit, and is in the process of getting approved for a $200 secured credit card. With all this being said I am wondering how long will it take for my score to began to rise and what else can I do to at least get it to 700?

Most Helpful Response

My first suggestion is to read the articles here and play with the financial tools provided on this site.  They were a big help to me.  Be advised that some of the errors you may have made could require the passage of time to get cleared up, but you can work on improvements in other aspects starting now.