Question

mattfrazier

How can I improve my credit? My scores and grades fluctuate
I have an avg. score of 600... 4 credit cards...1 truck loan...100% on time payments. F grade on long term history. Nothing over 3 years yet...attempting to start fresh credit. 47% utilization. Should I attempt to get a new credit card? I'm afraid of getting declined and getting a derogatory remark for an attempt. What do I do? I need to get my score up!!!!

Most Helpful Response

Lower your credit utilization

Lowering your credit utilization from 47% to somewhere around 10-15% will improve your score. Also, having more credit cards is good because the increase your spending amount, but if you keep good payments and a good utilization rate with your current cards/loan, that will help you to increase your score gradually. Remember that declined hard inquiries stay for 2 years on your report, so I would stay away from any application form for a while.

fbolabisi

Thank you