Question

bluegirl14

How can I help my husband establish credit?
My husband is in his late 50's and has never established credit of any kind. Now we are looking to purchase our first home, but need to establish credit for him. I don't want it to all fall on my credit history.

You might give serious thought to reading the articles on this site, since the sole purpose of Credit Karma is to TEACH people how credit works  and show how to build good credit.  Worked for me!  I went from lousy credit to having an excellent credit score and -the acquired knowledge will help for the rest of my life.

As already said, reading of course is the first step. You can't play the game correctly if you don't know how the game works. It takes a lot of reading to learn about credit, but the time is well worth it. In the meantime, your husband should start out by getting a credit card in his name, even if it is a Secured card. Just make sure that he gets a card that is reported to all three credit bureaus. Capital One is a place that most people start with when building credit. Do as much reading as you can and come back here with more specific questions as you go along.