Question

kirahome

How can I have my husband's credit card debt removed from my credit score?
We are married, but we keep our money separate. I want to purchase a home, but his credit card debt shows up on my credit score. It is an additional 5,000 of credit card debt.Thanks!

Authorized User?

Are you an authorized user on his account?  If you are, then that will connect you to his debt.  It should be a simple matter (either online or via a phone call to the credit card company) to have him remove you from that account.  The effect on your credit report will not be instantaneous, though, and could take probably around a month.