Question

jhammerva24

How can I have "HARD INQUIRIES" removed ?
I was interested in getting Pre-Approval for a vacation home loan in Key West, Fl. Last year we attempted to purchase a home and ended up with 4 hard inquiries that were made for the same purpose. Two were made by at same company within a few months. How long do I have to wait or can I do something to remove them from my report ?

Most Helpful Response

hard inquiries

I know for a fact that hard inquiries stay on your credit report for exactly 25 months from the date they were made. There isnt any way to get them removed, however I can tell you from my own personal experience I recently sat down with a mortgage loan officer at Wells Fargo and I was inquiring about a mortgage to purchase a beach condo in Hampton Beach, NH. The loan officer explained to me that as far as they (Wells Fargo) are concerned any inquiries that are older than 6 months they dont care about anything within the six months then they look closer. So if you are looking to secure a mortgage try and do all the inquiries within the same week or so. That way when another lender sees them they can understand it was because you were obviously shopping for a good mortgage loan. They understand and expect to see these inquiries when someone needs a mortgage for a home. hope this helps, best wishes.