Question

MikeHoncho636

How can I have collections removed off my credit? I have paid them in full already.
I have a total of four collections that were paid in full in the middle of the year. So far only three show a zero balance and read 'closed'. The other still shows a balance (even though it was paid in full) but it also reads 'closed'.

I did not get an agreement from the collection agency that they will remove it if i would pay it in full. Is there anything I can do to get these remove? Its affecting my credit score tremendously.

Most Helpful Response

It's not likely they'll be removed but you can try a nice letter to the company to ask if they would do so.  Otherwise, you'll just have to wait until it falls off your credit history.  Sorry.

aplenty

so how long does that take?

To add to the orginal post

Gosh, is there a specific thing I should wirte? I hate to say this but this collection thing was not even my fault. My father used my name and purchased some items without my consent and ignored the bills.

Next thing I noticed I have four collections. I paid the debt when they first called me because I paniced. Little did I know that I had to get a full agreement from them in writing before I payed it off