Question

Tinababy9000

How can I have closed accounts with no payment histories removed from my credit history?
There are about six accounts that are listed on my credit report that are closed but they do not have payment histories listed. How can I go about having them removed or payment histories provided to the reporting agencies? I do not believe there was any negative information on any of the accounts, but I feel they may be having an affect on my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

If they do not have negative information, leave them there. Closed accounts in good standing are good for your credit score. You want to show a long positive credit history. Never ever try to get old accounts that were closed in good standing removed from your reports. If you remove them your score will most likely fall.

Removing a collections account from your credit report can have a positive effect on your credit score.   Leaving it on there is obviously not the way because it has this statement on my credit carma page where Im looking at removed closed accounts.  I asked one of the debt collectors to submit a credit deletion request, that worked for one but not the others.  So how do you get them all removed?