Question

jpb19

How can I have a debt that was paid but is showing as in collection on my report removed?
I currently have a debt that was paid several months ago showing up on my report as "in collections." How can I have this removed?

show proof

Send proof that you paid it to all three credit bureaus and then I think it is up to them to challenge the collection agency.

Whatever you send in the way of proof better be clear and make sense or it will probably end up in the garbage can and nothing will come of it.

Other options are to work with the collection agency.  I hear some are good and some are useless if there is nothing in it for them.

Other option may be to spend a couple of bucks to take them to court if you have the time.

Good Luck