Question

Posted in Retirement

debbiekrebs9916

how can I have a 624 fico score and how do you calculate it?
we los our home in a short sale 2 years ago. we moved into a rental that assured me that they did not check my credit score (we had a history that they could check with out a fico score)

Calculation isn't known, but they hint..

I have to agree with icuhowie. All of the credit reporting agenies have a way of calculating the FICO score in their system depending on what type of software they are running. It works like an operating system basically. However, they do hint at how to raise your score and what hurts your score. It is called the FICO Risk Reason Scores. Understand that that is all the FICO is. It is a gauge to show your likelihood of defaulting. I could have said "paying", but they are measuring risk.

When they measure risk, they then look at all the ways they can shield themselves from risk, default. This may mean higher interest, lower credit limit, or both. So, get a copy of the FICO Risk Reason scores. You can basically look on there and see where you are missing the target. Work from there and do not turn back, and you should be on that straight and narrow path.