Question

BrandonVsBam

How can I grow my Credit Score with my credit score only at 534?
I have very few accounts paid off or in good standings on my credit score. I have several accounts in collections affectin my credit score. My credit score is 534. Nobody will take a chance with me on credit cards with low of a score. How can I improve my credit score

Most Helpful Response

Start by clearing up those delinquent accounts. Contact your creditors and offer settlements. Many will accept an offer much less than the balance, since it's better than nothing. Once those accounts are settled, the 7 year clock starts ticking on them before they fall off yoru credit report.

Then start with a secured credit card from a bank, and get a secured loan for a small amount of money ($500 or $1000 is good). Then establish a new payment history with those. Once you get into the mid 600's with that, you can start applying for unsecured credit in small (manageable) amounts. The delinquent accounts will start to age, and your good new payment history will boost your score further.