Question

CHETLER

How can I get rid of my bad comments
I have 4 bad credit comments on my Transunion I want to get rid of and Equifax score is worse for some reason

Most Helpful Response

You will find them gone after at least 7 years, or ten years in case of Chapter 7 bankruptcy.  Otherwise, you have to live with the consequences of your errors. I suggest reading the articles on this site so you will know how credit truly works so you can avoid making future errors.  It is really very useful information because I read the articles, made the needed changes and now have a very good score.

You did not indicate what the bad comments were.   If the comments was a settlement statement for accepting less or payment status or a collection comment, then these are negative comments and only time will see them disappear if the information is correct.   If the information is not correct, you can disput them.   If the comment is that the account closed, the system shows all comments as a a negative although it has no negative impact on your score.  These are standard comments that creditors see that an account was paid and closed which means the account closed.