Question

ffclyde226

How can I get rid of Credit accounts/auto financing that I never used?
I have 2 lines of credit that i have applied for in the past but never have had any activity on them or used them at all. I also have a credit inquiry for a vehicle loan that shows on my report, but i never ended up purchasing vehicle. I want to eliminate these items especially the credit lines that i don't use.

In order to answer your question, you have to understand the process how a credit is granted. When you apply for a credit, there will be a hard inquiry pulled by the creditor to review your credit worthiness. Such inquiry will drag down your credit score and  cannot be removed unless you prove that it is an error. Once your credit application is approved, a new credit line will be reported by the creditor to the major credit report agencies. It does not matter whether or not you use the credit line. If you close the credit line, it will still stay on your credit report as many as 10 years. If it is an error, you can request the creditor to contact the credit report agencies to remove such line on your credit report.

Closing Credit Cards

So from what you said above, it really would not help my credit score if I closed old accounts I do not use anymore, right.  (Or it might help me in 10 years)

If it has a long account history, then closing the account may not be wise because it will shorten the average life of your overall credit accounts and increase the credit utilization, and thus drag down your credit score.