Question

wendya2010

How can I get my credit score up?
Right now I have a credit score of 524. I only have 262 dollars in collections that I am working on paying off then I also have my student loans which so far are 20,000 dollars but I am not due to start paying them until i finish school in a year and a half. I am not understanding why my credit is so low and what I can do to get it up? I am not capable of purchasing a normal credit card because of my credit score. Please help.

Without seeing your complete credit report it is impossible to give you any specifics, but I'm guessing you have no good credit to offset the bad credit.  If you have some cash, you can get a secured credit card (you put up the money, then "borrow" it from yourself).  If you can do this, visit www.creditcards.org and find a secured card.  Also, visit www.credit.about.com for more great info and advice more specific to your situation.  Best of luck!