Question

Rollie37

How can I get my Credit score to go up 100-150 points??
I'm 19 years old with a credit of 640. I stared to build my credit as soon as I turned 18. I had a secured card and that made my credit go up. Recently Iv added more lines to my credit like furniture store , clothing store, health credit , and Best Buy. All these got added in the last 3 months. Now I'm trying to buy a car in less then 6 months but I'm trying to get my credit score to be up in the 700 . I do payments on time and pay more then the minimum now what can I do to help me get my score up fast? .

To get an increase in your credit score of a substantial nature, you'll need one of two items.   Your first option is a flux capacitor and substantial gigahertz so that you can go back in time about 15-20 years and start you credit building process at that time, then, use the same device to get back to today to measure the increase.  It worked for Marty McFly. Absent this, locate a family member or friend with super credit.  Ask them to add you as an authorized user to a couple of there credit cards that have very low utilization, a high line of credit and is about 15 years old.   When you are added to this card, you inherit all of this information on your credit report.    You'll need more than one, perhaps 3 or 4 would do the trick.  I don't know what you increase will be, although, it would be decent.

faidros

Oh, and don't forget "more then the minimum" is not good enough in proper credit management.   Add up all revolving lines of credit you have, then multiple by 90%.   The is the amount you want to pay today or as soon as possible to get your Utilization down to 10% overall.