Question

mangokitty

How can I get my credit score to be in the 700's?
It seem as though my credit score has dropped since I obtained a mortgage in 11/2013. I have no late payments on my mortgage on outstanding revolving debt. Everything is being paid on time...within 30 days.... I have been trying so long to get my score into the 700's.....what can I do?

Most Helpful Response

Do you have any credit cards?  If so, do they carry any balances?  To drive up your credit score, always keep a balance of 1-3% on at least one credit card at all times.   Without seeing your full credit report, can't really come up with anything else right now.  It is normal for your credit to drop when you open a new account (like the mortgage).  As you pay down your mortgage, your score will increase, but it will take several months because of your utilization right now.  But the credit card trick should help nonetheless.  Best of luck!