Question

Goob23

How can I get late payments removed from my credit report for an ex spouse awarded auto loan
My ex spouse was awarded a truck in our divorce. She has two delinquencies in the past 6 months. The truck was financed in both our names! Is there any way to get her delinquencies removed from my report?

Most Helpful Response

ditto

ex spouse whereabouts unknown, can not locate vehicle and can not force to refi  5 out of 6 late payments by ex husband

No. You are still responsible for the loan. The judges order is for you and her. It does not bind the finance company. What you should have done was compelled her to refinance the loan.

Goob23

Here in the state of Florida, the court can not make her refinance. She must produce several attempts to refinance or trade. My only options are to file for contempt of court, or make the payments and then sue her for the payments plus court cost! I don't feel it's right that my credit is going to suffer because of her delinquencies. I didn't know if there was a way to get report cleared. Thank you for your input!

Beautifulbaby12

I have excellent credit and I am going thru a DIVORCE , sometimes refinancing doesn't work like in ur lives right now! ex-husband pulling down my credit score after I left him and personally built it up over 3 years ago to 700 it was 520 with him

he decided he was going to be late on our car payments so therefore since I am the co signer as hard as i worked to FIX MY CREDIT SCORE I AM SCREWED! SCORE IS NOW 550 IT SUCKS

Marital BLISS

I am a middle age woman married for almost 30 years, I was unable to obtain a DECENT credit score or LOAN due to my spouses irresponsible ways! WE DON'T EVEN OWN A CAR!!!!!  let alone a HOME! PLENTY OF $$$ in the Bank many times to pay off BOTH A HOME AND A CAR???? my CREDIT SCORE WITH HIM WAS ALWAYS AROUND 500! Since I joined CREDIT KARMA I am now a 655

Beautifulbaby12

It's me again! Beautiful Bay 12 not quite divorced yet, ex husband still bringing down my credit score even after I just helped him with car repairs with my one of my new credit cards

Anyway he lost his job now and I was on hi heath insurance! But he didn't care as usual he was DRINKING AND DRIVING so he got what he deserved loss of his CDL AFTER being at hi job for almost 10 years just about to not quite retire but have Company he works for invest in his retirement! THANK GOD! I am out of the picture for over 3 years now! but MORAL OF THIS STORY DON'T EVER CO-SIGN A CAR LOAN FOR ANYONE ! HE OWES $2,500.00 AND CAN'T PAY FOR IT NOW, SO IT BECOMES my debt!