Question

smoke1441

How can I get it changed to DISCHARGED
I filed bankruptcy back in 2009 and then in 2010 I had to move to Florida to help my sister with our parents, because my father's health was decreasing and my sister need my help with our mom and dad, so we movied to Florida and the attorney said we could still get it discharged, but instead he put it as dismissed. I was not working a steady job so I couldn't fight it, but now I have been working a steady job and so I would like to find out what I need to fix it.

Nothing you can do other than complain to the attorney you paid, he would have to petition the court to get it changed to discharged.  No real difference to your score either way, bankruptcy is bankruptcy.  Bureaus can't do anything about it, it is a public record.  Sorry.