Question

tklorenz

How can I get credit for paying my mortgage, which is in the name of my deceased husband
Our mortgage was in my husband's name. Now he is deceased and the mortgage company refuses to put the mortgage in my name, even though my name is on the property deed. They have the mortgage listed as "the estate of...." and so, I'm not getting the credit for paying it.

As the mortgage is not in your name, the only way to get credit would be to refinance the loan by securing the mortgage in your name.   Interesting that should you default, they can come after you as the wife of the deceased although are unwilling to put your name on the mortgage itself.