How can I get a mortgage after a divorce-related short sale (otherwise excellent credit history)?
My ex was ordered to sell or refi our home in 2009, but intentionally let it slip into foreclosure with my name still on the mortgage. It ended up as a short-sale in 2011. Even with the contempt order protecting me from financial liability, I can't scrub the short sale from my credit and it has been impossible to get a mortgage (being told wait 36 mos. after sale). My credit is excellent otherwise. Options? :(