Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
How can I get a judgment removed from my report if I already disputed it?
I need help getting a judgement off of my Transunion report. This judgement, which actually was one for a bankruptcy declared by my father (of the same name...), was reported on all 3 of my reports (Equifax, Experian, & Transunion). I did an online dispute for each reporting agency and was able to get it removed from my Equifax and Experian reports -- Transunion would not not remove it and now I'm stuck because they will not allow me to redispute this erroneous judgement. What should my next step be? It's for a Capitol One credit card that my father had when he declared bankruptcy. I have a Capitol One card myself in good standings. Should I use my current card as proof that I did not own the account was listed in this reporting error?

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.