Question

WorkingOnIt124

How can I get a Creditor to remove a paid item from my credit reports
WorkingOnIt
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I have paid an account that I have with LJ Ross Associates and they will not remove the item from my credit report. I paid it 2 days after it showed up on my report. They did tell me up front they would not do so. I was told that it is not ethical so I’m not agreeing with collection agencies just want to get paid.

You  really need to read the articles on this site to understand how credit really works because, right now, you don't.  Just because something is paid does not mean it disappears from your credit report, because it doesn't.  It remains part of your credit history for at least 7 years.  I say 'at least' because if you have an excellent payment record on any account, it will remain for ten or more years and that is to your benefit. Learning about credit makes life so much easier.

I went through the same thing with collection I paid it. I file a dispute with Credit Agencies to have it removed from the credit file. And yes it can be done