Question

margoforu9

How can i get a better score and how can i get my credit history mail to mev
I will like to know why the credit company still bothing me over 10 years they are still saying I owe credit cards I thought they just stay on your record for 7 years I did not know that it still follow you.. If you already in collection you want to pay on a settlement will that be a good idea becausr you can't pay the full amount would your credit still be poor or it will get better. I cannot get any credit because of my credit score being very poor a what's the best credit to apply for.

7 years from "last contact"

if you have had contact by phone with them, it resets the clock back to day 1.

Try a "validation Letter" Google it for a template and more info on how they work.  If the creditor can't prove that they have All the appropriate paper work on file and the right to collect the account then the credit bureau will remove it and they will have to close that account. 

if you have newer accounts that are in collection then do what you can to get them paid off.

You will not get any new credit if you have anything in collection.  That is a Big Red Flag to lenders that you don't pay your bills so they won't open any new accounts until those are paid off or fall off your report. 

applying for credit when your report is in bad shape only hurts your score even more. 

Be sure you have as few negitive things on your report before applying for any credit.  It may take a while to fix, but its worth the time, Your credit follows you for the rest of your life. It will determine not only interest rates but your insurance rates and well as things like jobs and rentals. It's your credit, learn to take care of it.