Question

Inktheprince23

How can I get a $3600 debt off of my credit report that shouldn't be there?
I tries to talk to the collection agency, but they wanted the new owners info and that was two years ago. I didn't keep the info after I sent in the release of liability form.

Debts can be tricky.  While additional information is really necessary and you may have to consult a legal authority on your rights and responsibility.   Any release of liability form would have to include the creditors' agreement in the form.  You indicated "new owner" which means you apparently sold something and they agreed with you to accept liability of a debt.   This debt agreement is between you and the new owner.   Your original debt as it was between you and another firm is still binding upon you unless you also have a court order indicating differently.  I would suggest you contact a lawyer regarding the entire process.