Question

Dadoug

How can I fix this?
M&T bank is killing my credit score

update

For whatever reason i did not see a place to write prior to posting.

Anywho, bank of America sold my 15yr fha loan to m&t bank in the process i was informed that m&t was doing a loan modification and I was told not to make any payments till it was complete. Since it was completed I have made every payment early. I was half way thru a 15yr mortgage now they stuck me with a 30yr fixed rate heck i will be 100 by the time it is paid. anywho, the bank turns around and says I have 13 missed payments which is jacking my credit. I filed a dispute but it was upheld as I can not "prove" that they said not to pay till loan mod was complete.

And now that my credit score is poor i can not apply for a mortgage somewhere else. Any help would be great. I am disabled on fixed income

I asked bank of America why they did this to me and was told "it was old money" and they need to get it off the books.

Doug

if you didn't make the payments, and you can't prove they told you not to, you might just be stuck with it. but i'm confused how it even happened. you make it sound as if THEY decided to modify your loan on a whim. they are not allowed to do this. loan modifications have to be approved by the borrower. they are mutual agreements, in writing. now, if they did this unlaterially, without your consent, then you might want to get a real estate attorney. often time, in order to even be eligble for a loan mod, lower payment, etc, you have to be deliquent...this is very confusing to me. either we're not geting the whole story here, or they really really screwed you over. if it's the latter, i'd get an attorney!