Question

oslecredben

How can I fix my deliquency when I already closed my credit account?
I have an account with capital one for more than 5 years. One time, I have decided to close this account since I was not satisfied of their services- higher APR. I called them and the agent that I spoke told me that it could affect my credit score if I close the accounnt even if I have 0 balance on it. Last year 2012 I never tried using this credit card anymore. Unfortunately, I forgot that this credit card has a membership fee of 39 dollars that would due on December 12, 2013. I wasn't aware of this due until I cleaned up my yahoo mail and I found that I have a late fee of 40 dollars from cap one. I called them right away and talked to the supervisor about this matter. I asked her if she could waive this fee and close my account. She did waive the fees and close my account. However, they also reported me to the credit bureau that I have delinquent payments from them.
Is there a way to fix my problem? Please help. My poor credit score really affects everything.