Question

jdhall33

how can i find the companies i owe money too?
I need to know who and how to get a hold of the companies I have deliquent accounts too. How can I find that out

Credit Karma’s Response

Credit Karma provides your full credit report, which you can view here: https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport#overview

Click on the blue tab labelled "Accounts".

Then, scroll to select the account you would like more information about. When you expand the account, you will see a field labelled "Creditor Contact Details". If available, this will list your creditors address and telephone number.

Hope that helps!

Disclaimer: Credit Karma provides general information about credit. This advice is not intended to advise about your personal financial situation. Consult a financial, legal or other professional adviser.

Most Helpful Response

another free site

i was having an issue with the actual debtors i owed, Ck is great but its limited it would tell me with abbr. words the financial lenders but no details just the $ amount and abbr. for collections i didn't and i started googling, every lender by abbr. to see if it would specify what kind of collections they use, but it was so broad range, i ran across this site called, quizzle.com its pretty similar to CK, it doesnt ask for a credit card or anything, and it will give you the basics, but i found all of my lenders, it actually will give you experian report and lists all your creditors, when the account was opened, where it stands and it gives you 3 tabs for each lender, it tells you the company, credit limit, last balance, then it shows your payment history and contact info it'll give you the numbers and addresse's for the orignial creditors and tell you if its in collections, and then it'll show you what collection agency and how to contact them to, also it will give you a different credit score, I like having both Ck and quizzle, because i can go back and forth and have it monitored, now if you want more than just your credit info you have to pay but its free, to get the report and all the info on the creditors and ifo on them. im really glad i found the site, it made a huge difference, because trying to google, and figure out what collections does what is almost impossible because some of them take collections for so many things, its hard to narrow down exactly what it could be from, this site puts it all rite there you dont have to do anything but click the tabs and get the info. and it doesn't go away it will monitor just like CK.

free credit report no credit card needed

www.annualcreditreport.com

You can use this for free. But it is only once a year.

ckc777

thank you!

randomsage007

I used annualcreditreport.com about a year ago when i decided to take control and pay off my medical debts. It allows you to see everything you need to know. I've since then payed off my creditors and cut my debt nearly in half.

vlrcurt

Do you have to enter a credit card number?

finding who you owe

all you need to do is write the credit buro a letter dening anything negitive on your credit report  if the company doesnt notify in a set amount of time it will be removed ,if they do notify youl know who it is .best case you owe nothing .worst case you know who you owe .

Search delinquent accounts credit REPORT

You can find a total listing of open, closed, and delinquent accounts on your credit REPORT. There are a number of sites that offer a free report once per year. I use freecreditreport.com. They will ask you to verify your debit card because you have so many days to download your report and cancel the subscription before they begin charging your card monthly. As long as you download the report then call the number to cancel, you will only pay $1.

onestrongwriter

they nailed me by not canceling my account when i requested and during their time limit. use the annualcredit link in the above. 

KNZA

HOW CAN I GET THIS IN THE MAIL SO I CAN GO THROUGH THE CREDIT  REPORTS AND GET MY OPENED ACCOUNTS THAT i DON'T USE CLOSED?

Got the credit report thing....BUT

A lot of times, you cannot see outdated companies' information listed on credit reports...as they sell them to collection agencies and there is very little information to access from the credit report alone.  I simply cannot find the exact creditors on some of my accounts.  They only show partial account numbers and have NO information regarding the creditor/collection agency, etc etc.

Does anyone know how to investigate a little bit older accounts and find out who is servicing a particular account so a person can find out what is owed and what arrangements can be made, etc? 

Hope this makes sense....

LCB

1MeMyselfandI

Hello All,

First of all I do not like going to second party accounts or websites. The best way is to go directly to the credit bureaus for which you have the credit bureau account with. For instance if you have gotten your free credit report for that year(12 months) as per California allows. You have either gone online to their website or requested it through the mail or over the phone from, Trans Union, Equifax and Experian. These are the real credit bureaus and each must be checked, as there may be information (accounts) that may be on one or two but not on them all. So check each carefully. Each account should state if they are the original account or if they were sold from the original creditor. Now some of the original creditors change names over time and may be using a different name. This does not happen very often, but it occasionally does. If they account is not yours definitely dispute it! If you are not sure you can ask that creditor for more information about the account and who the original account is from if they do not list it, which I have found happens from time to time. The creditor should let you know about the account, if you ever have issues that they will not share any information with you about the account, you can contact the credit bureau and or dispute the account. It is the creditor's responsibility to prove that it is your account, not yours! If they cannot prove that it is your account then it will be removed from your credit bureau account.

Many times the Credit Bureaus will ask you to provide proof that you are the owner of the credit bureaus account, which is that the social security number and your I.D. and or other proof you provide through the mail. Online they will ask you various questions about you based on the information they have on you. So if the information is not correct, like the previous address, your jobs, your names, etcetera, then you may have a problem trying to get online access, as this has happened to me!

To recap, first get a copy of your credit reports either through the mail, over the phone or online. If you obtain them online I would make a copy of them for reference to see what is correct and what needs to be disputed! To get a copy of your credit reports, it is best to get them directly from each credit bureau. Again, in California you can get a free credit report from each credit bureau once a year, either through the mail,over the phone or online. The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) allows you to get a free credit report if your application is denied. However, you can only get a free report from the credit reporting company that provided the report used by your lender to make its decision.

This is for your free credit report.

To contact TransUnion online go to;

www.transunion.com, or     https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

To contact TransUnion through mail: Mail to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service

P.O. Box 105281

Atlanta, GA 30348-5281

To request your free credit report by phone:

1-877-322-8228

Now if you need to purchase a credit report from TransUnion;

To contact them online:

https://disclosure.transunion.com >>

Contact by Phone:

1-800-888-4213

To contact them by mail:

TransUnion LLC

2 Baldwin Place

P.O. Box 1000

Chester, PA 19022

To contact Equifax for a free credit report:

www.equifax.com or https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

To contact by phone:

1-800-685-1111 or 1-877-322-8228

To Contact by mail:

Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc

P.O. Box 740241

Atlanta, GA 30374

To contact Equifax to purchase a credit Report:

Online:

www.equifax.com

By Phone:

1-800-685-1111

By Mail:

Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.

P.O. Box 740241

Atlanta, GA 30374

To contact Experian for a free credit report:

Online:

http://www.experian.com/ or www.AnnualCreditReport.com

by Phone:

1-877 FACTACT (1-877-322-8228)

By Mail:

Annual Credit Report Request Service (they state you can complete the      request form and mail it to them)

Annual Credit Report Request Service

P.O. Box 105281

Atlanta, GA 30348-5281

To purchase a credit report from Experian:

Online:

http://www.experian.com/consumer-products/credit-check.html

By phone:

1 866 200 6020 or

1 888 397 3742 (can also order credit score at same time with this number)

By Mail:

I cannot find an address to write them to purchase a credit report, but I would call them and ask them for the address, if you prefer to use this method.

Here is additional information from Experian which may be helpful to you!

Qualifying for Discounted Or Free Credit Reports

You may be eligible to receive a discounted or free credit report if you meet one of the following conditions:

• Your request for credit, insurance, employment or rental housing was denied based on information received from Experian, and you contact us within 60 days of the denial.
  • "Adverse action" was taken against you based on information in your credit report (for example, your interest rate was raised or your credit limit was decreased). The name of the credit reporting agency that provided your credit report and how to contact the agency for a copy will be provided by the company that declined your credit application or took adverse action.
  • You reside in a state where laws require credit reporting agencies to provide their residents with a free or discounted report each year even if they are not denied credit.
  • You certify in writing that you are unemployed and seeking employment or receive public welfare assistance.
  • You have reason to believe your credit file contains inaccuracies resulting from fraud.

To confirm your eligibility and request your free or discounted copy of your credit report delivered by U.S. mail, please call 1 866 200 6020.

One more bit of helpful information for everyone and that is Opting Out, see below for explanation:

OPTING OUT

You may choose to exclude your name from credit reporting agency lists for unsolicited credit and insurance offers. Creditors and insurers may use file information as the basis for sending you unsolicited offers of credit or insurance. Such offers must include a toll-free phone number for you to call if you want your name and address removed from future lists. If you call, you may select to have your name removed for five years or permanently. If you select the option for permanent removal, you will be mailed a Notice of Election to Opt Out form to complete and return. The toll-free number for all the national credit reporting agencies is 1 888 5OPTOUT (1 888 567 8688).

Warm Regards to All,

Debra An                       

NOTE: Information presented here was checked as of 16 June 2013.

1MeMyselfandI

If you do not have the original creditor posted, you can contact the credit bureau or that company to ask them who the original creditor is. You have to play detective in order to find out who the original creditor is. That information should be corrected on you credit report as well, so that your anyone whom you wish to get credit from will know that is a account from the original creditor. You would not want them to think it is a different account, especially if you have a lot of these types of accounts that have been sold off to other collection creditors. They need to be fixed.

I hope I answered your question and that you are able to resolve the issue(s).

Warmest Regards,

Debra An

LSHEFF

Same here, LCB...  And even when the old accounts are past 7 years from the original date they were reported, they are STILL able to be sold to those collection agencies and therefore they get to continue charging you with those debts.  Even disputing them doesnt remove them because they were sold within 7 years....geeez....  Any help there?...Some rule I'm missing that I can use to make the new company who bought/received the over 7 year old account remove it from my credit?

Thank you,

-L

sabrooly

Try Erica Burellcredit repair. Her number is 281-736-8611. You can also look her up. She is very good and very reasonable. Tell hr that Sarah sent you. 

Catmelancon

How do I get a full report to see if  my credit report is correct? I saw it once years ago and found deiscrpencies that I didn't even recognize. I need to see the full report to see if anyone used my ss# to purchase things I didn't do myself.

05/19/1958

Can you send a copy of my full report to see if others used my credit to purchase things I know nothing about

Find who you owe...

Just get your yearly free credit report which is detailed and gives you all that info and it's important to check every year so if any things wrong, you can dispute is. Credit agencies are required to give you one free report every year but you have to request it from each one.

What if I already got my reports in Feb?

I got my reports this past February and I can't get them again until August 2013.  However, 4-5 new things have been added and I can't get any information on the companies that have added themsleves to my report.  Isn't there another way to get them.  I was told since I am on Disability I could get them again.  Otherwise I will have to investigate by phone ot email.

nguyenq66850

This site (Credit Karma) lets you see update to your TransUnion report every 7 days (every day before, and not any more :D). Credit Sesame lets you see update to your Experian report every month. But both give you instant alert if something new is added to your respective report.

Help with the Haggle and Hassle...

I have a list of who I owe, amounts etc. I would like to find a reputable company/organization who is willing to contact and haggle to my benefit in order to clear what I owe. I have old strikes from my earlier years that count against me. Im not sure if I would be doing myself any good contacting people myself due to my lack of knowledge. Is there any sort of legitimate organization out there? Legitimate being the Hassle word.