Question

godsman12001

how can i find out what a cb express is on my credit
I offered to put 2000 down on a car that was 3750 and they still denied me because I had a cb express limit on my credit. What is that?

Most Helpful Response

Yes

It is an Express clothing store card.  My problem is I applied for that card years ago and have no balance, haven't seen it or used it in forever. For some reason they still report though even though it doesn't look like the card itself exists anymore.  Express has a different type of credit card now.  I'd like to start using the card if it's possible because I've had it for so long it looks good on my credit score.  But I can't find out anything about it.

bbc15

I have this on mine as well, and I can't find any information about how to close it or where to get in touch with someone.  If you find out more information, please share.  I'll do the same.

Possible Solution!!

I just called 1-800-201-4955 (phone number for Express Next CC) and talked to a robot that confirmed the cancellation of this account.  It recognized my SSN and verified my account information.  We will see if it updates on CreditKarma in the next week or so.  Give it a shot, it's worth a try.

Michael912

so a fraudulent account asks for your social security number and you give it...brilliant

KathyWolfson

I tried to cancel this account through direct dispute with the credit bureau stating I was no longer liable for this account (not used since 2006).  A few weeks later I got a reply back from the credit bureau that TransUnion verified no changes were made.  The account is still active.  However when I called 800-201-4955 and spoke with Comenity Bank, they said they have no record of an active account for me.  The rep suggested I write to the bank and have them research it again with my SSN.

It seems that the customer service department does not have the same database that is used to report to the credit bureau.

Comenity Bank Customer Care

PO BOX 182620

Colombus OH 43218

sAME pROBLEM

PLEASE HELP!

Same thing

I too have this credit card attached to my account.  Opened August 2008.  I would definetely like to close this if possible.  Never used it and don't remember signing up for it.

SAME THING

I y'alls advice and I called express to close this account. They don't have a record of my social being connected with an express credit card. I just saw it yesterday and it was opened in 2007. Never used and I was completely unaware of it. Any other suggestions?

I have the same thing. I'm thinking it MIGHT be a credit card from Express Clothing Store. But I got a bankruptcy after I applied to that and I thought it would have been wiped out.

Me too. This plummeted my score

Checked my credit score today, and this took me all the way from 780 down to a 720. Says the account was opened in 2003, but just appeared in my accounts. Nothing has been charged either.

This CB/EXPRESS just suddenly appeared for me too and took my credit down a notch. Opened October 2006? I don't have any recollection of applying for it.

Why would it appear now? Looks fishy.

Are you sure it is for Express Clothing Store? Could also be Central Bank or Community Bank. How  do we figure this out?

CurlyMN

Its Comenity Bank in respect of the Express Clothing store credit card. I hadnt used the card in 10 years and this month a charge for $117 popped up. Call Comenity at 1-800-201-4955 for help.

CB/EXPRESS

I eould love to find out how to contact them.  I was living back in Canada for a couple of years when I saw this on my credit report.  If anybody can give me a number to contact them and get it off my credit score as it is dragging my number down.

Much appreciated,

M. Whiting

Hal Cole