Question

pdxjohn97266

How can I find out how old a debt is that has just got an order for garnishment?
I got notice from my new employer (started there in oct) on Nov 9th the documents mailed to me from work shows that the garnishment was awarded. I have managed to find out who the company is that got the garnishment and I also found out what credit card company the debt was owed. My question is (2parts) wouldn't they have needed to do this a lot sooner? dont know when I had this credit card etc etc. To the best of my memory it has been atleast 10years ago. Can they do this after so many years? doesn't even show on my credit reports.