Question

Ocphenix

How can i erase all of my closed Credit Card accounts from my credit report?
I have four open credit cards and 11 closed credit cards within the last 10 years. What can i do to eliminate the credit card history for those 11 closed accounts from my credit report? i noticed that out of the 11 closed accounts one of those accounts got errased from my credit report and my fico score went up my 36 points. What can i do to eliminate those closed accounts from my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Wait patiently.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (a federal law) credit accounts listed on your credit report will remain there for 7 years, then they will fall off.  If you have paid those accounts on time and as agreed, that will reflect nicely.  If it was a lot of late payments, that has to show, too.  But nothing you, or anyone else cna do will remove those cards from your credit report until the time has passed.