Question

JFurth

How can I dispute a cc acount with a balance that I never opened? I don't have all the acc't #s
I see from my report that I supposedly have a new credit card with Bank of America, and it has a big balance on it. The only problem is I never opened such an account, never made the charge, and I can't dispute it because they do not show all the account numbers.

What can I do?

You don't need the full account number, just use the numbers that show up, along with any XXX's at the end of the numbers.  Write to the creditor and the bureaus and demand they remove this account because it is not yours.  Be persistent and patient, they have 30 days to respond.  Best of luck!