Question

jc483165

how can i direct dispute a collection bill to raise my credit score
I WAS PAYING THIS BILL AND THEY SOLD IT TO ANOTHER COLLECTOR. I OWE $400.00 FROM 2 YRS AGO BUT HOW DO I DISPUTE THIS TO REMOVE IT FROM MY CREDIT SCORE

You can dispute it with the credit bureaus listing it. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with instructions on how to do this. Whether you win your dispute is an entirely different story, you usually need to have good grounds to win a dispute. A "pay for delete agreement" may be a better option for you, so do some reading on that. Just a note: debt collectors are allowed to sell your account to other debt collectors.