Question

AM65

How can I clear paid collection accounts from my credit report?
I had five collection accounts, all medical. I paid four and am paying the last now. Two no longer show up in the active collections on Credit Karma. But, two of the paid are still showing as unpaid. I have asked for and received letters from the companies verifying they have been paid. The creditors said it is up to the reporting agencies (Credit Karma) to show the collection had been paid. Credit Karma said it will eventually work its way through the system, but its been several months. What am I to do?

Most Helpful Response

Relax!!

Credit Karma is an interactive site for individuals to use in determining what actions will improve their credit score.  It is not one of the credit bureaus that creditors use in determining whether or not to grant credit.  CK gets its information from Transunion which gets its information from the companies that use it for their credit reporting.

But, not every company uses Transunion.  Some report to Experian and some to Equifax, and some to any two of the three.  So, it's going to take a little time to sift down to where you get it cleared here. It is going to show on the regular credit bureau reports before it gets here, so please be patient.