Question

Akbsrb392

How can I clean up my report there are many wrong things on them.
I have never seen my credit files before and omg so much false things on them I have no idea what and who they are and the info about me wow I don't even know who I am I guess.

First get a copy of your Credit Report

Get free copy of one of your credit reports.  You can get 1 free copy from each of the big 3 Credit Bureau once a years. Don't pull all 3 of your credit reports at once. You'll want to pull another report in 4 months and again in 8 months so you can see the progress on your credit report. All 3 share information so what you see in one will be very close to whats on the others.   Do this at the government website  AnnualCreditReport.com
Print and  Go through the report with a marker.

File a "Personal Statement" with each of the 3 major Credit Bureaus. You can read up in the articles and blogs about how to do that. There you can explain  that you are trying to correct the problems.   

File disputes on all negative information that you found on your credit report, do this at the website for the Report you get.

Follow through by writing "Validation Letters" on the same info and mailing them to the Credit Bureau.  Google "Validation letter" for more info and templates.  There will also be more info on the the Credit Bureaus websites.  In the validation letter ask for proof that the account is yours and that you owe the debt.   If they can't the account will come off your report. 

Correct info that does not have a debt attached to it by filing online disputes on the Credit bureaus website.  Things like addresses and employeers have no impact on your report so they need not be dealt with right away.  

Your credit score is the most important number that stays with you the rest of your life. Get control of it and learn to manage it.  

It really isn't that hard to do read up o some of the articles and blogs on this site and you'll be on your way to a healthy credit report and score.

Good Luck

You have a very good chance of getting most of this off your report fairly easily.  

Follow up by monitoring your reports here on CK and don't forget to pull the other reports to see how things are progressing in your file.  

Be aware too that this system is slow and takes a long time for things to report and cross report.  Even in the day and age of instant information, the credit system still moves in increments of weeks not minutes.  It can often take up to 60 days for things to show up on your reports, same for correcting mistake so don't expect instant results.

Hi there Akbsrb392,

You're not alone - more than 25% of credit reports contain errors. Check out our guide to disputing errors here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/dispute-credit-report-errors