Question

ScoresGalore

How can I check if a credit card on my report is fraudulent?
I see a credit card listed on my report here on CreditKarma and I don't recognize having an AMEX card. Also, the open date does not jog a memory of ever opening that card. How can I easily check into this to make sure it is not fraudulent?

Thank you,
Kathryn

Most Helpful Response

Most people I know don't have multiple Amex cards (unlike V/M), so if you don't recall opening an AMEX then I'd assume it's a mistake on your report and I'd contact the credit bureaus to dispute it. If it turns out it's fraudulent then they can advise you on filing a fraud report.

i appreciate the information given me on this matter