Question

daher42

How can I can I get the negative mark on my credit removed?
I fell behind on my car payment one month, and I didn't have funds to get current. So I called the bank which my loan is through and told them my situation. In the end the man from the bank told me if I make the payment before my next payment , that it wouldn't effect my credit so I proceeded to make payments on the 20 instead of the 22nd for six months and I now have six negative marks on my credit. . Hoping there is something I can do to fix that

The first thing that you need to do is to contact the bank, if the bank is local, go down there and talk to someone. Tell them what you have told us here and be prepared to pay a payment immediately to get the account current. Explain to the bank your situation and how you were told by one of their people incorrect information. I wish you the best of luck with this, either way whether the bank will help you or not, get the loan caught up immediately so you have no more late payments added to your reports. If the local branch is unable to help you, contact the corporate office and try to get them to help you.

daher42

Sweet I will be calling them first thing in the morning! Pray for me. Thank you👍

Banks will usually forgive one late payment and never report it (should you talk to them first) if you have been a good payer.  Or, they will offer you a deferment on that payment, again if you have been a good payer.  Basically, they will make it so you dont owe the payment that month and then just add it to the end of the term.  The later is often more desirable, however, it may involve you aggreeing to a modification of your loan terms.  This is also a one-time deal, though. 

It sounds like they offered you the first.  They said they would forgive a late payment for that month as long as you paid by a certain date.  After that, you were to be on time with your payments again. 

Its worth a try to talk to the bank and say it was a misunderstanding.  I wish you good luck.  Maybe they will be willing to forgive six late payments in a row.  You never know.