Question

beachbunny123

how can I build my credit fast? I get CC offers but I know they'll get rejected and hurt my score

Most Helpful Response

If they are pre-approved offers that you get in the mail, then your chances of getting approved are actually somewhat decent. If they are the offers that Credit Karma lists on their site, then chances are much more slim regardless of what the "approval odds" say.

Otherwise following these tips can help increase your credit score given if you have any credit cards or other accounts

• Keep your credit card utilization under 30% (though 1%-20% is key)
  • Pay on-time, every time - never miss a payment
  • Apply for new credit in moderation (less than twice a year or only when you absolutely need to)
  • Use credit to build credit - dont allow accounts to go inactive
  • Keep your oldest account open and in good standing

If you are totally new to credit, then I would suggest a secured credit card to get started with.