Question

LuckyHell

How can I build Credit when I have none?
I currently have 0 credit. I am 23, I have a debit card with 53rd bank as a student account and I pay apartment rent and electric with it. I currently have 2 dings on my credit from trying to apply for credit cards at Lowe's(where I work) and at Wal-mart since someone told me they built credit from there. So 2 dings, no credit, and no debt. I'm in school, live in an apartment, and work.

Most Helpful Response

First off, I seriously recommend working on reading the articles here to learn how credit really works and these articles really do help.  I have degrees in accounting and business and nothing about credit was included in the curriculum, so I really learned a lot here to my benefit.  Then you will have to start with a secured card and build from there. It takes some smart usage of credit with the secured card to qualify for an unsecured card, but it can be done rather quickly. Try out the financial tools  provided here, also. And never close a credit card since that hurts rather.