Question

wedler214

how can I bring my credit up when all I have agenst me is school loans?

Those need to be paid off because they remain collectable until they are paid.  The articles here tell how to improve your credit and I found them to be very helpful.

When all you have is school loans

Then you have a very thin file.  

A "Thin File" means that you have very little information in your file so there is nothing to base your credit worthiness on.  You need to start building credit.  The articles here on CK and other sites can teach you a lot. Take the time to learn it!  You have the distinct oppurtunity to get off on the right foot. You can learn how to manage your credit before you get into trouble like so many of us here did.  Your credit score is THE Most important number in your financial life. It determines everything for the interest rates you pay, not only on Credit cards and loans, But things like your insurance rates and the biggy, Mortgages, Where 1% difference can mean tens of Thousands of dollars over the life of a 30 years note.  

I suggest you get started with a secured credit card.  Look up the articles to learn more about them. Open a Savings account with your local Credit Union and start building your credit by using that savings account as colateral for the secured credit card.  After a few months you should start to see increases in your score.

And Remember: Your credit score isn't about how much money you have, its about how well you manage it.