Question

0melissa

HOW CAN I BRING MY CREADIT SCORE UP

Most Helpful Response

up 42 points in 5 months

I dont know if this will be helpful to anyone,.. but Ive become obsessed with it, so I figured I would share what is working for me and hope it helps! 

When I started I had no credit at all.. and my score was around a 530. 

I applied for a secured credit card from Capital One. I put down the $200 deposit, and honestly.. it has been well worth it. It is a secured card but it reports to all 3 bureaus.  I swipe it for gas and pay the balance off in full every month. This has given me some cfedit history, and since I pay on time, I have a 100% on time payments. .. 

now... the waiting game for estblishing Length of Credit. but that will come in time.

I'm "piggybacking" on my girlfriend's credit. Her card has a $2000 credit limit and she never misses a payment and always pays on time.  this can be risky, I dont know if it is helping me or not.. I am only an authorized signer.  Only do this with someone you trust because it could hurt you more than help you if they make a late payment or have high utilization.

Right now I am doing the "envelope system" google it for details.. it is helping me to save money and I am calling the people on my debts and settling those.  My goal is to get 1 a month paid off... I started with 6 and now have 4 to go. I highly recommend credit karma, I literally have become addicted to monitoring my credit. 

If I continue to do things the way I am now, even though I know I have to wait it out. by next year I should have great credit.  I have 1 collection that will fall off in september, and I am about to pay off 2 more, my goal is to have all the debts / "collections" off my credit by October.  at that point I am betting my credit score will be looking even better. 

My advice is... negotiate with debtors. get a secured credit card. never be late on a payment and just be patient!!!! 

credit problems!

how can i fix my credit. i have alot of debit on there and i need to fix it.. any suggestions

mommyyy898

Enter Your Reply NO MATTER WHAT IVE DONE,I PAID OFF A COMPANY IN 2010.AND IVE GONE THROUGH THIS FOR YEARS.VERIZON,WILL LIE AND SAY IT WAS PAID IN FULL BY THEM AND I PAID IT.I HAD TO CALL CONTINUOSLY,Back and forth to VERIZON AND MIDLAND FINANCES,AND NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHERE MY CHECK WENT.THEY FINALLY FOUND 1 DAY AGO.AND I CALLED MILAND AND THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO SEND THEM PROOF,WHICH VERIZON OVERCHARGED ME AND OWES ME MONEY.MIDLAND TELLS ME I OWE VERIZON 345.00.WHICH I DONT OWE ANYTHING.I SENT COPIES TO EXPERIAN,EQIFAX AND TRANSUNION.STIILL ON MY CREDIT AS A BAD DEBT.WOW.IT HAS BEEN SENT EVERYWHERE AND THEY STILL WILL LIE TO THESE SO-CREDIT PLACES AND THEY PUT IT BACK ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT.NOTHING HELPS,THE MORE DEBT YOU ARE IN THE MORE CREDIT YOU CAN GET.WOW.THIS IS MESSED UP.WHEN YOU APPLY FOR JOBS THATS ONE FACTOR THAT WILL GET YOU NO RESPONSE FOR JOBS.YOURE RESUME,YOUR COLOR,YOUR AGE,AND YOUR SEX,IS ALL LOOKED AT.NOT THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE,OR YOUR STANDING IN LIFE.NOT GOING TO HELP YOU.NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.IF YOU HAVE A COMMON NAME,THEY WILL PUT IT UNDER YOUR NAME,NOT YOUR SOCIAL.

my credit score has gone up 42 points in

Akphoto1

in 5 months

Secure credit cards is the best option and sometime the only options for those who can't get unsecured credit cards. This will require a deposit.

Title loan

Beginner

How do I start building my credit? 21 yrs old.

Build your credit & keep it high!

1.) First & formost it is best to pay off your balance in full each month! This way you do not need to pay extra over time, which can really build up.

2.) Secondly it is most helpful to get credit cards that offer the highest % reward points available! I've found three cards that offer top rewards!  American Express Hilton Honors has the BEST rewards offer 6% in some cases and 5% in most other things - including: gas stations, supermarkets, drugstores, as well as cable, cell & Internet bill's.

Discover has 5% as well and is the second best next to Amex than I've found. Discover is accepted at more places than the Amex (but Amex is the only card that can be used at Costco). Lastly, Chase Freedom Visa offers 5% rewards on random "changing" categories, but is still much better than most other credit cards!  If you rotate using these three cards, you will be very well off, paying things on time each month!

where can i get a secured credit card from.

How can increase credit

I used this system and it's working...

I had a pretty low credit score and recently I tried a new credit building strategy that is actually working out great for me. I actually cannot discuss exactly how this strategy works because I agreed not to share the companies strategy with anyone. It's their company policy but, besides removing of some errors and old reports from my credit report by way of writing a "dispute letter" (which I had help writing by using a free template from the same company that I taught me the "strategy") and watching my spending overall the results have been outstanding. I am completely happy with what I have been able to achieve so far. So maybe try them out for yourself... the website is called www.clevercreditscore.com and you can get the "dispute letter" free on the home page, they even have a video that gives you some pointers when writing and mailing your dispute letter. The strategy that I am using is called the "Credit Sky Rocket" system or strategy. Let me know if this helps.