Question

jkbiuyfgvybh

How can I benefit from paying my collection debt?
I owed At&t $1,000 and they gave my account to a collection agency and they want to settle for $580 before 9/23 i don't know if it is the right thing to do. I'm running gout of time to still be able to accept the settlement. I want to eventually be able to purchase a home soon. and it also does not appear on my credit karma report?

Pay It!!  You don't want that showing as owed on your credit report. I have paid off 5 collections from my credit. My score went up a little here and there. The highest increase was 5. But, it has always been my understanding that collections on your credit is a huge NO to home loan officers. Pay It off!!

If you accept that offer and pay the debt, you save money and that is always good.  Read the articles on credit

here because you never want to fall so far behind that a debt goes into collections because that hurts your credit score.

The reason the debt doesn't show here is twofold.  Credit Karma's purpose is to teach about credit and they only get informatiion

from two of the credit bureaus.  AT&T may report their accounts to the third credit bureau.