Question

Cully15

How can a dropped collection get back on my credit report?
About 2-3 months ago 14 collections were dropped from my credit report. (7 years passed) Now 7 of them have come back under a different collections agency. Is this possible? and how should I ask them about it without hurting myself in the long run? I've heard many rumors that if you contact them to be very careful of what you say.

Most Helpful Response

Do not contact the collection agency

Write "validation letters" to the credit bureaus.  Google it for a template and more info. 

This will require that the collection bureaus prove that they have the legal right to collect the account and they will have to provide dates and original signatures.  

Good luck.