Question

jojoelaine

how can a creditor from 2012 collections repeat and damage my credit score again in 2014
in 2012 i received a negative collection for 331.00 and now its gone into collections AGAIN for january 2014.....it is the same creditor collection....by the way i have no idea what it is no one has sent me a bill or called regarding this matter ever.....how can i find out what it is about and why they can keep repeating themselves to lower my credit score. my phone number has been the same since 2010 and i always put an address change in when i move....

It could be a clerical mistake

I would dispute the charge and at that point they have to show that you owe that two separate times or it gets thrown out and deleted in your favor. First dispute and then if that doesn't work contact them and threaten to file a BBB complaint if it's not corrected. This has worked for me in spades. Good luck...