Question

Outlawwoman2

How can a collection change to a personal loan?
I have an account in collections. Yesterday it was showing in collections, today I see it's listed under "other loan" by one credit company and still in collections by the other, though they are showing a late payment on it. I initially spoke with them on the phone about a year ago when I received the letter and all the lady could do was badger and yell at me about how I didn't pay my rent and I was more or less a low life. I explained I had paid my rent and wanted to know what the letter was regarding. She could only repeat herself so we eventually stopped talking. I received a letter from them a few weeks ago stating I negotiate the amount, etc which they requested an initial response by tomorrow and now this. I don't understand how a creditor could make it look as if I've taken out a personal loan. Has anyone seen something like this before?

Do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) and then contact a FDCPA law firm for help. Most will not charge you anything out of pocket if you have a case, which I believe you probably do. Kimmel & Silverman is a law firm to check out if they practice in your state.