Question

obaker3

How can a closed account be removed from your account?
I have a closed account that is still showing up on my credit. However, I had no other choice but to close the account. It was for renting a washer and dryer for an apartment. Shortly after, a new company took over and notified everyone who rented to return and close the account because they were going to provide the washers and dryers for the complex. Being that it was not my fault in the account being closed, how can I get that removed from my credit report?

Closed accounts stay on your report 7 years after the last payment.  If it was a good account, then you don't want to remove it because it is helping your credit score and removing it will cause your score to drop.  If it is a bad account, there is not much you can do about getting it off any earlier.  Best of luck!