Question

BroncosSouth

How Best to Maximize Benefit of Revolving Account
Just opened furniture account to make a purchase over time only to discover that amount of monthly payments is prohibitive in the long term. Would it benefit my credit score to put the item on credit and pay it off in 3 payments? Or would it be best not to use that credit at all? If I can manage a full one-time payment is there a best way to positively impact my credit with this purchase?

I think that any activity on an unused credit card good as long as you're paying the minimum payment regularly. The only thing that I'd be concerned about is whether or not the furniture loan is going to max out your credit card. You don't want to "over-utilize" your limit as that can lower your score. But this may be the lesser of adverse circumstances if the term of the furniture loan isn't going to work for you.