Question

nica1034

how bad is it to get denied for a credit card?
I have good credit, 702, but would have great credit with a lower utilization rate. I want to get a low interest credit card to increase my available credit and thus lower my utilization rate. Will applying for a card I may not get (like barclays 8% card) hurt me or is it worth the risk of being denied?

With a 702 score you shouldn't worried about being denied.  Credit inquiries are only 10% of your score, so I would do it if I were you.  Another option is to request your current credit card company to increase your limit, that way you won't have to get another card and take the inquiry hit.  Can't hurt to try!